- 2008 Renovations included removal and replacing deteriorated siding and railings, repairing and repainting exterior house and shutters.
- Future phases to provide for interior renovations and repainting, and replacement of HVAC systems.
Our Renovation History:
- 1981 Interior Renovations
- 1982 Refurbish and Repaint Exterior
- 1993 Refurbish and Repaint Exterior
- 2007 HVAC Upgrade and Repairs
- 2008 Exterior Renovations and Repairs
History of Bronson-Mulholland House
- House was constructed as the home for US Congressman Judge Isaac Bronson in 1854.
- While a congressman, he introduced legislation that made Florida a state, sponsored the charter for the City of Palatka and proposed it as the county seat.
- The attic of the house was used by Confederate soldiers as a lookout when Union forces were approaching on the river during the Civil War, in which the Union troops eventually occupied the building.
- The house was also the site for a school for freed slave children after the War.
- The house was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places on 27 December 1972.